The mission of the Yampa Valley Sustainability Council (YVSC) is to provide leadership to advance environmental, economic, and social sustainability for current and future generations through education, programs, and building collaboration among individuals, organizations, businesses, and government.
YVSC’s Guiding Principles are to:
1) promote sustainability as a core value of businesses and government in order to improve efficiencies in resource use and to reduce environmental impacts
2) foster the concept of sustainability as a public value and encourage stewardship of natural resources
3) incorporate “triple bottom line” analysis by integrating economic, social and environmental considerations into policy and program decisions
4) establish measurable performance indicators, targets, and goals, and report on progress through annual reports
5) partner with local, state, and federal governments, community organizations, cultural institutions, businesses, and individuals to achieve the goals of the organization.