YVSC has a fleet of 3 Water Monsters! These giant blue, 120-gallon water tanks reduce plastic water bottle consumption and keep our locals and visitors hydrated on delicious mountain water at many public events including all Free Concerts and many sporting events. Learn more about this BPA-free container here (video)
How to schedule the Water Monster for your event:
To make a Water Monster Event successful, please tell vendors to not sell plastic water bottles at the event. Communicating with event attendees that this is a Water Monster Event is important in ensuring each participant brings their own water bottle. Reserve the Water Monster for your event today by filling out the form below. YVSC will contact you directly once your form has been submitted.
Water Bottle Facts
- It is a more sustainable practice to Reuse, than to Recycle: Nationally, only 10% of plastic water bottles are recycled.
- Our water is GOOD water: 44% of ‘purified’ bottled water sold in the U.S. started out as municipal water.
- It takes 2,000 times more energy to produce a bottle of water than it does to produce tap water.
- Nearly 2.5 billion bottles of water a year are sold in New York alone— stacked up end to end, they’d reach the moon.
- Manufacturing that much plastic releases more than 800,000 metric tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, contributing to global climate change.
- Plastic water bottles require up to 47 million gallons of oil per year to produce.
- 827,000 to 1.3 million tons of plastic PET water bottles were produced in the U.S. in 2006, requiring the energy equivalent of 50 million barrels of oil. 76.5 percent of these bottles ended up in landfills.
- Due to plastic’s slow decay rate, the vast majority of all plastics ever produced still exist — somewhere.
Water Monster Request Form:
Because of the wide visibility of these, sponsors can get their logo in front of thousands of visitors and locals. Learn more about our Water Monster sponsorship opportunity.
Thank you 2016 Water Monster Sponsors: